The Sociology of Race and Ethnicity Program
What is Sociology of Race and Ethnicity?
Faculty in the Sociology of Race area examine historical and contemporary processes related to ethnic and racial classification, identification, and inequality, both in the United States and beyond.
Specific foci of research amoung faculty include:
- Intersections of race, gender, class, and sexuality
- Racial and ethnic dimensions of cultural production
- Nationalism and nation-state formation
- Social movements and protest around racial inequality
- Racial disparities in incarceration, education, and work