Students study the social impacts of race, ethnicity, class and gender through multiple perspectives and contemporary theories. Open to students of any major!
Diversity Certificate Requirements
The certificate must be officially declared with the sociology academic advisor. You will be required to fill out a Certificate Declaration form and have it approved. Keep in mind, the diversity certificate is not a major or a minor. It is an emphasis on your degree.
- Core Course: SOC 3380 Social Inequality (3) DV
- Electives: 3 courses/9 credits
- Courses offered in the Sociology department focusing on topics of Diversity
- Up to 3 credits of electives can be taken via Soc 4892 Diversity Internship
- Allied courses: 2 courses/6 credits
- Courses offered in departments ranging from Anthropology to Disability Studies and Political Science to Psychology; all focusing on wide ranging topics encompassing facets of diversity
All courses must be completed with a C- or better. To see all individual course available in this area, please see the printable certificate worksheet above.
Ready to declare? Still have questions? Discover how a diversity certificate integrates with your existing plan.